There is no denying - you love your four-legged BFF and would do almost anything for them. But - adulting. And that means going to work during the day. Of course, you still want your dog to get the love and care you would give them if you were there. Hiring a personal dog walker in the city can have many benefits to your canine companion’s health, while giving you peace of mind while you’re away.
Your pup deserves to be living their best life. And while you’re gone, it’s difficult to give them the exercise they need to be healthy throughout the day. Regular walks can improve your canine companion’s joints and muscles, keep them in shape, boost their happiness, increase their energy, and lower their stress. Hiring a dog walker can take a huge weight off your shoulders. Depending on your dog’s breed and size, a typical walk for your pup should be taken three times a day for at least ten minutes.
Hiring a dog walker will get your furry friend out of the house to experience the sights and smells of the city. That includes them being able to meet other fur-riends along the way. The city is always packed with other pups and people. Your dog will love the extra socialization!
Huskies, Border Collies, and Jack Russel Terriers specifically need a lot of physical activity and mental stimulation. If they don’t get enough exercise, it can lead to behavioral problems such as anxiety or depression. Labrador Retrievers, King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, Dalmatians, and English Bulldogs are extremely loyal, attached, and protective of their hoomans and can develop separation anxiety more easily than others. While your canine companion will still miss you while you’re gone, hiring a dog walker to spend quality time with them every day can help ease their anxiousness and they will feel less lonely.
Tips to Find the Best Dog Walker For Your Pup
- Do your research. Read reviews on your dog walker and see if the comments seem to be a good fit for your furry friend. You can check out Rover for trusted, potential dog walkers in NYC.
- Have the dog walker meet your pup. Before you hire a dog walker, have them meet with you and your pup. Meeting with them will let you see first-hand if they will be a good fit for your royal pup.
- Ask for recommendations. You can ask neighbors, local vets, friends, family, anyone with a canine companion of their own if they have a recommendation on a dog walker. If they rave about their dog walker, it might be good to look into it.
Questions to Ask Dog Walkers
Ask questions as part of the process of hiring your dog walker. After all, they are going to spend time with the most important pup in your life. Here is a list of some questions you may want to ask:
- Are you available on the days and times my dog needs?
- How many dogs do you walk at once?
- What route do you typically take?
- Do you send pictures and updates after each walk?
- Do you know dog first-aid?
- If my dog needs to go to the vet, how will you handle that process?
- How much do you charge?
- Do you deal with dogs with specific needs?
Stock Up On Bonne et Filou Macarons For Your Dog Walker
Make sure you have enough of your four-legged BFF’s favorite treats for your dog walker. Not only will your pup love them, but it will make the process less stressful for your dog if they get a delicious treat out of it! Our Bonne et Filou ultra-luxury dog macarons are handmade in the USA with 100% natural ingredients. They’re free of any artificial coloring and preservatives, corn-free, wheat-free, and GMO-free. The stylish and delicious treats will have your dog drooling for more! And remember-even though being away from your pup can be hard, if you find the perfect dog walker in NYC, it will give you peace of mind while you’re away.